Definition: Gynaecology is the specialty, which deals with the medical and surgical treatment of illnesses/problems relating to:
- Complete female reproductive system (vulva, vagina, cervix, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes)
- Lower female urinary system
- Lower female bowel system
from a baby girl age 0 to a woman in her old age.
INTRODUCTION OF DR SALMA KAYANI –GYNAECOLOGY SKILLS
- Dr (Mrs) Salma Kayani is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist who is a ‘Certified’ Advanced Minimal Access Surgeon in Excisional Benign Gynaecology with a Master’s degree in Advanced Gynaecological Endoscopy with ‘Merit’ from the University of Surrey Post Graduate Medical School (UK). She has undergone 13 years of continuous, structured, hands-on Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) certified/approved training. All this training is latest and was undertaken in the top tertiary referral centres of England.
- In addition to the above training, Dr Salma is also the author of ‘Standards for Laparoscopic Surgery UK’, in the textbook ‘Models of Care in Women’s Health’ commissioned and published by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG). (2009)